Sunday, March 11, 2012

Glitter Bottles

For those of you who know me, you know I love anything sparkly.  Growing up as a child I put glitter on everything.  Book reports, school projects, you name it there was glitter on it.  So when I saw this project on Pinterest, I knew this was right up my alley.  This project is so easy to do and takes about 5 minutes.  Today I have my lovely sister, Kristen assisting with this craft.   

Items you will need:
Pledge Floor Care Finish
Bottles (you can find these at Michael's for 99 cents)
Glitter- I got this whole canister at Wal Mart for $4

Step One: Pour the Pledge Floor Care Finish into your bottle

Step 2: Swirl the Pledge around the inside of the bottle making sure you coat the entire inside
Step 3: Dump out any excess liquid
Step 4: Pour a generous amount of glitter into your bottle.  If you are using two colors of glitter, you have one of two options.  If you want the colors equally distributed, mix the colors together before you dump them into the bottle.  If you want the colors to be more swirled, dump each color of glitter into the bottle
Step 5: Slowly swirl the glitter around the inside of the bottle until the whole inside s covered.  You can add more glitter as necessary.
Step 6: Dump out excess glitter. 

Note- if you are not happy with your results, all you have to do is rinse out the inside of the bottle with water, and all of the glitter will come out.  Then you can repeat steps 1-6 again.



Voila!  You have a glitter bottle.  I have one displayed on my bookcase.  I have also seen people use these as vases (fake flowers only!)  For extra jazz, you can either buy a bottle stopper with a jeweled top or you can glue a jewel on yourself. I bought the bottle like this and really love the added sparkle of the jewel.


No comments:

Post a Comment